Wednesday, August 14, 2013

SLEEK MAKEUP PALETTES


As I sit at my makeup table and start painting my face, I often struggle in the eye shadow dept. - having to decide to either dust off my single eye shadows and show them some much needed lovin' or to make things quick and simple for myself and reach for one of my palettes. More often than not, due to limited time and laziness - a palette it is. Over the years I've accumulated a fair little collection of palettes, mostly consisting of the Urban Decay variety. but thanks to my friend Iben from across the pond, I was able to try the highly blogged and buzzed about Sleek palettes in Au Natural and Storm. I must say those of you who have quick access to Sleek makeup are some lucky ladies.

In both palettes the eye shadows are soft and nicely textured, a variety of matte to shimmer like finishes are included, and the best thing about these is that they are impressively pigmented. Especially the shimmery, darker colors, they definitely deliver. The only fault I found would be among the lighter mattes for being chalky and less pigmented then the rest, which then requires more effort to build up color. But with that said, I still use them as brow highlight options and to even out eyelids after prepping with primer. Between the two, I use au natural most often but the storm palette has also been equally handy when wanting to achieve a smoked out look. Now I wouldn't typically buy a blue, cranberry or green on its own, but having those colors in the storm palette encourages me to loosen up a bit and play around with some color. Turns out color is do-able and not as scary as expected. In terms of aesthetics, the packaging is well suited to its name and I wish more budget beauty brands would follow suit. And that mirror - great thinking sleek.

Overall for the price tag ($10.00) the quality is impressive and rather then digging around for different singles to create your eye look, the palette is an all in one that easily creates versatile looks without needing to shell out tons of cash.


Sidenote: I've succumbed to the typical blogger style of photo by having blurry flowers in the foreground. Ughhh. I'm so unoriginal. But it looks cool and I like it. Monkey see, monkey do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment