Friday, August 23, 2013

NAILS | Essie Bikini So Teeny


The latest Essie to be added to the polish box is bikini so teeny. It's one of those Essie polishes that became so popular that finding it stocked on shelves was nearly impossible. After seeing it pop up all over instagram and youtube I got sucked in by all the hype. Fast forward a couple of months later and I finally saw the last bottle stocked at Walgreen's. And now that it has been painted on, I must say I'm not necessarily wowed by it. While the color itself is really lovely, I'm not obsessed with it how it looks on me. Maybe when my summer tan fades away I'll end up liking it more - we shall see! Also the formula is surprisingly sheer but not in a good way. It took three coats to even out the opactity and quick hands so that it wouldn't set and then pull up on itself. Overall, I'd say the formula is not up to the usual Essie standard but the color is worth the extra work upon application. Just be sure to have a good top coat on hand to shine and smooth it all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment