Sunday, July 21, 2013

MOM GETS GLAM FOR A SUMMER WEDDING


This weekend my parents had a wedding to attend. So earlier in the week my mom and I, being our typical selves went on a last minute, mad hunt for her outfit. That day we set out to shop was actually the rainiest day we've had all summer. We ended up sacrificing our freshly straightened hair all in the name of finding the perfect thing for her to wear. After looking in store after store we were met without any luck. Towards the end of the day we were both getting pretty pissy because most dresses as we both agreed, are just straight fugly. and there is a limited selection of summer dresses. What's with that! It's July. Summer is going strong and is here to stay for a long while. Anyway we finally ended up finding a dress that checked all the boxes. Past the knee, figure flattering, black and white, printed, and cool enough to wear to an outdoor wedding. Next we found the shoes and then this pretty statement necklace. Outfit done.

For makeup, give my mom brown eyeliner and a browny nude lipstick and she is set for her daily face. On weekends she sometimes slaps on some mulch from Mac for a quick smokey eye- but only if she feels like it. She is actually really great at doing her eye makeup so props to mom. But on special occasions she comes up to my room, sits in the chair and lets me do all the work. Her only request, as per usual was that I do a brown smokey eye. That women loves her smokey eyes!

For her base I first applied Loreal true match lumi foundation because it gives off a nice radiant glow. Only a tiny bit though cause she likes a barely there kind of coverage. I then dabbed on a bit of collection lasting perfection concealer around the nose and under the eyes. For eyeshadow I used the naked palette- her favorite. And she smudged Rimmel scandaleyes liner in brown above her upper lashes and into the waterline. Next, she put on mascara. I then reached for some bronzer and blush, uncharted terriotry for mom. She looked at me hesitantly while doing so, but once applied I think she secretly liked the way it looked. Oh and I finally know where my beloved Mac hug me lipstick has been, yup my mom had it in her makeup bag this whole time. It actually looks lovely on her so I'm going to let her keep it. Lastly for hair she straightened it and I just love how cute her newly short haircut looks. She's also been rocking those bangs for years. I'm totally jealous cause I can't pull them off whatsoever. I've tried and it ain't pretty. Anyway, then she was done! She looked beautiful all dressed up and my dad so handsome in his suit and tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment