Monday, October 21, 2013

CLOSET ADDITIONS: FALL SWEATERS AND SHOES

new in for fall fall booties dolce vita fall sweaters fall booties dolce vita fall booties dolce vita I'm trying with all my bones to avoid using the overused phrase "sweater weather" as a caption on instagram, twitter or even as the title for this post. So *mental note* let this be the one and only time my fingers type out that phrase. It's just so cheese and even the song is a little meh. But anyway that kind of weather is on it's way, and recently when I started to organize my closet I realized I only had one sweater hanging up. I've just always preferred jackets over sweaters just because sweaters do nothing for me. I just feel puffy. But sometimes the shapeless, chunky knits are just the way to go. So over the weekend I bought three from Old Navy and Target to have ready when the appropriate time comes around. One is a chunky knit, one is similar to the feel of cashmere but isn't, and the other is a thin striped sweatshirt which I'm currently wearing. Now I'm on the lookout for a grey and a camel colored one but I think I'll be hitting up Zara for options in those colors! 

 Also I bought some new ankle boots for fall because they are my absolute favorite style of shoes. I wear closed toed shoes all year round even in the hottest of temperatures, so I look forward to the days when I go into a shoe store and find that the floppy sandals are all gone and replaced by boots of all kinds. I just love shoes with an actual sole, which is why you will never find me in ballet flats - which is why I love dressy mens shoes so much (not to wear, but to look at) cause they are actually structured, sturdy, simple and classic. And those are the same things I look for when shopping for my shoes. So to add to my growing collection I bought these Dolce Vita Camira ankle boots in the black suede version for this fall and winter. Love Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment