Friday, September 5, 2014

JAMIE OLIVER'S ROAST CHICKEN SALAD

roastchickensalad
As you may have started to notice there will be a lot more talks of food and kitchen happenings on this blog. Since the beginning of the year, healthy but delicious food is something I've become very excited and passionate about. With general curiosity about where our food comes from and the desire to use fresh quality ingredients, I'm teaching myself how to be a better cook. Now I have been cooking my own meals for a few years now but I grew bored of what I was preparing because I could only think of a select few things to make. I wanted more ideas, interesting flavors, and just more exciting home cooked meals. So this is the place where I will share as I continue to learn more.

I love reading through my cookbooks and sourcing recipes from all over the internet for inspiration. With time, trial and error, and a lot of experimenting I hope to improve on my cooking skills.

Now one of the most basic cooking methods that I had never done before was roast a whole chicken. So when I browsed online to see what chicken recipe I could make for dinner the other day, I thought Jamie Oliver's Epic Roast Chicken Salad looked delicious. With my "kiss the cook" embroidered apron on and ingredients prepped I was excited to get started. Everything went smoothly except for when I forgot about the croutons and burned half the batch (oops). In the end, I was really proud of my first roast chicken, I felt like a proper adult! and by the time all the ingredients came together the anticipation to eat a delicious meal had been building and I couldn't wait to dig in.

The verdict: Jamie Oliver does it again! a lovely dish filled with layers of flavor and texture. With the weekend here I encourage everyone to get in the kitchen, play your favorite music, and prepare a dish you haven't tried before.

This recipe can be found HERE as well as in Jamie's Great Britain Cookbook

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Jamie Oliver has such good recipes! I was happy to have this as leftovers the next day :)

      Delete